June is already half way through and yet I wanted to tell you my June goals – my mom was reading a blog and he was writing down his monthly goals and I found it very inspirational, which is why I want to start with it as well. Goals can be anything, it doesn’t have to be something big, just small milestones or things you need to remind yourself of. So here we go, my June-goals. It will be fun reading this in two weeks to see if I’ve accomplished it or will need to adjust the goals.
- Send my invoices etc. to my accountant/tax advisor on time. I actually never seem to get it right and don’t know why. I need to remind myself of being on time almost every single time and I am really bad at sending my things over to my accountant on time. I am always late, which is really bad.
- Start running. I need to get my fitness level up more and it will also be a nice change for Sheldon in his every day activity „plan“.
- Get better sleep. This sounds weird because one can’t really control the sleep-quality, but I definitely need to start sleeping in a better way, which means I need to go to bed at a reasonable time. I usually don’t go to bed too late, but I always find stuff to do on my laptop or phone. Work, online shopping, texting friends back, etc. and suddenly it’s way past midnight and my alarm is going off latest at six o’clock in the morning. No wonder I’m always tired. I really need to fix this.
- Work on my self trust and esteem. Especially being here in Denmark and seeing all these great riders around me I feel more and more like an untalented potato while riding. Of course you always need to adjust things when you’re working together with another trainer, but I certainly feel like I’m not capable of doing anything at all. It’s not about fake-believing in yourself or lying to yourself and pretending you did great when you didn’t. I love to be realistic. But people keep telling me I’m being too hard on myself. So instead of always putting myself down I should use this energy to try to find out how to improve.
- Get better at connecting with friends and family. I’m constantly on the run and sometimes the people who are dearest to my heart kind of get lost along the way. It’s not that I loose friends – I’m sometimes just not being the friend I want to be and that my friends deserve. I am really bad at answering WhatsApp messages or calling people back.
- Answer mails ASAP. Business mails is also something that I’m really bad at answering immediately. That is because there is so much to do and I sometimes simply can’t find the time to answer – but the problem is I also tend to forget to answer mails due to receiving so many mails that the ones I didn’t answer immediately keep on slipping more and more to the bottom.
- Start to meal prep. I already started meal prepping salads, but I want to dig into this topic even more. It saves so much time and by the way I just love mason jars and think it looks totally fancy to run around with one of those – definitely the number one reason to start to be a meal preper. Just joking, but I guess you get the point.
- Wash and clean my tack every day after riding. I have gotten much better at this, but I still need more improvement!